Battlefield 1942 (running on Windows)
3/5 from 20 reviews.
Description:This massive patch for Battlefield 1942 features improved gameplay and fixes a number of bugs. It can be applied to any previous version of Battlefield 1942, including those that have been patched with earlier updates.
Important: The 1.6 patch radically changes the format for the maplist.con file. The Readme file has all the necessary details, but note that current maplists will not work when you update to the 1.6 patch.
- Liberation of Caen: a new map for BF1942 owners. It includes a whole new army, the Canadians. The army includes the Sexton SPA and the Lynx scout car, as well as new skins, flags, voice overs, and a new Assault rifle and the Johnson M1941 LMG. The Germans in this map are also equipped with a new scout vehicle, the Kettenkrad.
- Raid on Agheila: this new map is for owners of the Secret Weapons of WWII expansion pack. It adds a bevy of new vehicles, including mobile spawn points, stationary rocket launchers, a new tank, new self-propelled artillery, and the Flettner, an experimental helicopter.
- Invasion of the Philippines: added in 1.5 update, but also included in this releases, complete with all new Patrol Boats. However, the map has been updated. The Japanese Destroyer has been rotated to face North, giving the Japanese a better chance at the start. The out of bounds area has been pushed back, and ticket bleeds have been slightly reduced.
PC Mechanic - Fix your PC's Windows registry errors.
- No more swapping CD's. Any installed Battlefield 1942 expansion pack or community mod can be played using any Battlefield CD.
- Added support for Punkbuster anti-cheat software.
- Updated Banning System: bans can be set on CD key hashes as well as IP addresses.
- Added installation sanity checking that will tell you about common installation errors such as missing files. The sanity checking is done automatically at startup.
- Added more readable error messages for common errors such as misspelled level names.
- The game.listPlayers command lists cd key hashes of connected players when running in internet mode.
- The game.showPorts console command can be invoked to display the ports currently used by the server.
- Added overlayPath feature to support running multiple server instances from the same installation directory.
- Updated Content CRC Generation: Generation bat files are now created only for the mods you select. The new bat files are named getcrc-.bat.
- Added support for CD key hashes for players.
- Fixed a few spelling errors for keys.
- Fixed a bug where compressed XML logs where sometimes being corrupted.
- See the Readme file for more details.