Halo Combat Evolved
Halo Combat Evolved (running on Windows)
3.5/5 from 20 reviews.
Description:This latest patch for Halo features improved gameplay and fixes a number of bugs including:
- Note: saved games prior to 1.03 are now no longer compatible. Any levels that were unlocked as you progressed through the game are still available, but your checkpoints will be reset.
- Fixed the crash on startup bug relating to the intro movies.
- Anisotropic filtering is now not on by default.
- A significant number of reported game crashes are related to an external library called keystone.dll (such as 'There is a problem with your game installation. You may need to reinstall the game to fix it'). Microsoft has updated this library to address the most common failures. These crashes would usually occur when changing screen resolution, when starting or quitting Halo PC, when chatting in a multiplayer game or when using ALT-TAB to minimize Halo PC and return to Windows.
- Halo can now be bound to a specific IP address using the -ip command line argument. (facilitating multiple NIC support for Halo Dedicated Servers)
- Halo can now read/write data files to a user specified folder using the -path command line argument. This is particularly useful for Halo Dedicated Servers but also be used for users whose 'My Documents' folder is remapped to a UNC path. It is an advanced option and using it will force you to manually move saved games and multiplayer gametypes.
PC Mechanic - Fix your PC's Windows registry errors.
- Online Multiplayer: Telefrag message is now appropriately replicated.
- Online Multiplayer: Minor fixes to switching teams in kill-in-order games (score will now remain accurate)
- Online Multiplayer: Minor fixes to the end of the game state (new players now have to wait for the game to be restarted before being admitted to the server)
- Online Multiplayer: Fix for clients flashlight states when joining games
- Online Multiplayer: Vehicles won't re-spawn if they have a projectile (such as a plasma grenade) attached to them. They will wait for the projectile to be removed.
- Online Multiplayer: Minor fixes to using teleports for high-latency connections
- Sound: Fix for cinematic dialog being cut out on certain cards when enabling Audio Hardware Acceleration in the Audio Settings.
- Added support for multiple instances to the (Bungie) dedicated server, enabling the community to roll out many more servers for gamers. Also introduced are client support for RCon (Remote Console), allowing dedicated server operators to have control over their servers running in data centres.
- Timedemo doesn't check memory usage consumption with every frame rendered
- After running timedemo, the last saved checkpoint is not altered anymore.
- Multiple minor bugs fixes to the Halo Auto-Updater application.
- Fixed an issue in keystone.dll that was causing certain configurations to potentially crash when chatting in multiplayer games.
- Fixed minor card specific rendering glitches.