3/5 from 20 reviews.
Description:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Win7 SP1) fixes a range of bugs and adds some new but minor features to Windows 7. The file is a significantly large download and can be applied to the 32-bit version of Windows 7.
- remember that this is a Release Candidate and you should not install the software until you have made suitable backups and have a full understanding of the risks of using test versions (beta) of software.
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is still in a work in progress and the final features will not known until later in the development cycle.
- Microsoft advise uninstalling any previous beta or versions before installing this release (it will not work with any beta version of Windows 7).
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Win7 SP1) includes previously-released security updates and fixes, but not much in the way of new features. The most substantial new addition is RemoteFX that allows you to use the Remote Desktop Services platform to deploy a virtual machine (we are willing to bet most people won't really care about his feature).
- According to Microsoft 'After you install SP1 RC1, your desktop may display the following text: Evaluation copy. This text does not mean that your system is no longer "Genuine." This text indicates only that you installed a test version of software that is time limited.'
- The software will stop running on November 30, 2011 (yes 2011, not 2010).
- To download the complete Service Pack 1 for all English versions of Windows 7, click the download link at the top of this page.
PC Mechanic - Fix your PC's Windows registry errors.