Media Player 10
Windows XP and Media Player 10
3/5 from 20 reviews.
Description:This free DVD and MPEG-2 utility from Microsoft is designed for systems running XP with Media Player 10 installed. Here's the low-down from Microsoft:
'The Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility helps you determine if an MPEG-2 video decoder (also called a DVD decoder) is installed on your Windows XP computer and whether or not the decoder is compatible with Windows Media Player 10 and Windows XP Media Center Edition.
An MPEG-2 decoder is software that allows you to play DVDs and files that contain video content that was encoded in the MPEG-2 format (such as DVR-MS files, MPG files, and some AVI files).
If you encounter a problem while using Windows Media Player 10 to synchronize (copy) recorded TV shows to a Portable Media Center or other device, use this utility to verify that you have a compatible MPEG-2 decoder installed on your computer.
RegistryCleanerKit - Fix your PC's Windows registry errors.
Note: This utility only indicates whether an MPEG-2 decoder is compatible with the synchronization feature of Windows Media Player 10 or whether an MPEG-2 decoder is compatible with the recorded TV playback feature of Windows XP Media Center Edition.
- Lists all the MPEG-2 video decoders that appear in your Windows registry (a database that contains information about the hardware and software installed in your computer).
- Indicates whether each decoder listed in the registry is marked as compatible with Windows XP Media Center Edition and whether any decoder listed in the registry is marked as the preferred video decoder.
- Indicates whether each decoder listed in the registry is marked as compatible with the synchronization feature of Windows Media Player 10.
- Lets you designate which installed decoder that you want Windows Media Player 10 to use when synchronizing DVR-MS files to a portable device. This is known as the preferred video decoder.
- Lets you undo any changes the utility makes to your Windows registry'.