The massive Battlefield 2 patch, version 1.41, can be applied to any version of Battlefield 2 (either a previously patched or fresh installation). It includes the Wake Island Map, the new level Road to Jalalabaad and fixes the following:
- Server crash bug.
- Ranks have now been expanded to allow for players to rank up to General.
- The UAV that is placed by Commanders will now include a visual element. An actual UAV will appear within the UAV detection radius and circle the area. Players will be able to shoot it down, bringing the UAV detection to a premature end. The Commander will be able to continue placing UAVs once the timer resets, as per current design.
- Improvements to HUD/Map.
- Adjusted default levels for some video cards.
- changes to improve support for mods.
- New sounds for the T98 tank, China/MEC light jeep and cannons on APCs.
- Memory leak experienced in earlier update and improved server performance.
- numerous bug fixes and tweaks.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSBattlefield 2
DOWNLOAD Battlefield 2 patch 1.41