Last Updated: 06/04/2016
Disclaimer and Copyright
1. The Software Patch is not responsible or liable for any software obtained through The Software Patch. The Software Patch does not own or make claim to any of the software presented. Any complaints or problems should be directed to the individual authors or publishers.
2. Patches are listed on this site as a convenience to visitors. We cannot guarantee that they are free of omissions or errors. To ensure a secure system, you will need to follow the software author’s, developer’s or publisher’s instructions for maintaining a secure and updated system. In particular, Windows users should follow Microsoft’s instructions for updating and maintaining a Windows system. More information can be found at Microsoft.com.
3. The Software Patch is available for free, non-commercial use. Any other use including mirroring, reproducing, re-transmitting, re-publishing or copying any part of the The Software Patch web site is strictly prohibited.
4. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
5. Information presented on The Software Patch website is copyrighted as a compilation. Software authors, developers or publishers of programs listed on The Software Patch hold separate copyrights on their work.
6. Copyright, The Software Patch. All rights reserved. Reviews, descriptions, and screen shot images are copyright The Software Patch. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of The Software Patch is prohibited.
7. Some products on this site are made available in association with Amazon.com.
Privacy and Cookies Policy
Uniblue is committed to safeguard the privacy of its customers and individuals who make use of our online facilities. This policy provides you with information about what data we collect and how this data is processed by us.
Collection and use of information In general, you can visit the Uniblue website/s (the ‘Websites’) without telling us who you are or giving any personal information about you. Information which we collect may be used:
- to communicate with you and fulfill your requests for our products or services,
- improve our products or services where possible,
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information,
- for customer service purposes,
- for marketing and promotional purposes, including remarketing,
- to conduct research,
- to provide information that we believe may be of interest to you,
- to enforce the legal terms that govern your use of our Websites, and/or for the reasons specific to the type of collection of information.
We may also collect and store certain types of data as described in more detail below.
1. Cookies and Web Beacons
2. Third party cookies
Third party cookies are cookies from another domain (not from Uniblue Websites). We don’t control the content of these cookies. Therefore, please review information about the cookies from the third-party websites. Examples of third parties who set cookies on Uniblue Websites include:
A web analytic service provider that records site usage, including mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as any text you type and action you take while browsing and/or using this Website (excluding ‘sensitive’ visitor fields such as fields where financial information is inputted).
For more information on Hotjar’s collection of information, please see their Cookie Information here https://www.hotjar.com/cookies. You can choose to disable the Hotjar service by contacting them onhttps://www.hotjar.com/contact.
2B. Advertising networks
These are advertising networks used to deliver interactive advertising campaigns on partner websites. These cookies track the types of content you have viewed to ensure adverts are as relevant to you as possible.
Third Party Advertising Technologies
This may include third party cookies placed on the Uniblue Websites to deliver tailored information and content which may be of interest to you, such as promotions or offerings, when you visit third party websites after you have left our Websites. These third party companies may deliver advertisements and/or promotions that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behaviour. We do not permit these third parties to collect personal information about you (such as email address) on our Websites, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
When you visit our Websites, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies as explained above.
Electronic notices and Promotional Emails
We may provide you with information and notices regarding the Uniblue products, applications, surveys, promotional emails, offers or other information which may be of use or interest to You, via the email address you designate in the payment process, when you sign up for our newsletter or when you sign up to some of our free services.
We may also send you transactional, technical or other service notifications from time to time. These messages are sent only to individuals who have purchased our products or services and are essential to maintain the functionality of same, so there is no opt-out available for this type of notifications.
We do not share your email address with any third party, and we process and store such personal information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Whilst in use, the Uniblue products may collect some information from your computer (e.g. frequency of use, system name, Windows version and browser type, IP address, installed devices and date of installation). In some products, we also make use of in-product analytics services provided by third parties. These third parties may collect some information regarding your activity when making use of the Uniblue Products but will not collect any personally identifiable information about you. Note that if your IP address is collected by Uniblue, this is only used to generate aggregate statistics and is not used in a way that leads to identify you personally.
Uniblue will only use your personal information for the purposes which are specified in this policy.
To further improve our products and the service we offer to you, we may also need to divulge certain information collected by our products to third party partners and/or suppliers. In any case, we will only provide anonymous or non-personally identifiable information to such third parties. We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
Information processing and security
Uniblue processes personal information in Malta. Information is retained on our servers in the United States and in other countries. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data held by us.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary. You are therefore kindly requested to inform us of any change referring to your personal data held by us. You have the right to access the personal information that we may hold about you, to rectify this data or object to the storage of the data for legitimate purposes by contacting us at http://www.uniblue.com/support/ticket/.
Privacy of business partners
Social Media Features and Widgets
The Uniblue Websites are not aimed at children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. Minors should not use these Websites unless supervised by an adult.
Changes to this policy
Please note that this policy may change from time to time. All updates will be published on the Uniblue Websites and, if the changes are significant, the changes will be posted on the Websites and on this page http://www.uniblue.com/privacy/ thirty days prior to taking effect. Each version of this policy will be identifiable at the top of this document by its effective date. We encourage you to refer to this policy periodically.