This patch will upgrade Myst III Exile to 1.22. Update 1.1 was released just a few days after the game hit the shelves in May 2001. The 1.22 update includes those fixes while addressing problems with graphics cards.
Major Bugs fixed
- Fixed M3.exe bug that prevents the game from running on many PC graphics chipsets. The game can now be run in Software mode on Intel 740, 810, and 815 chipsets, Neomagic video cards, and SiS video cards, as well as some others. Please note that due to limitations of these cards, they cannot run the game in Direct3D Hardware mode. Hold down CTRL or CMD while starting the game, then select the Software rendering mode.
- Fixed bug that caused game to not recognize CD-ROM drives named to letters higher than “H”.
- Fixed bug that caused game to occasionally crash when the user skips out of the end credits by pressing the space bar.
- Added sound effect subtitles in some areas of J'nanin.
- Added "invert mouse Y-axis" option. Press CMD-I on a Macintosh and CTRL-I on a PC to toggle mouse inversion.
- Fixed some small graphical glitches.
- Clarified lever by Voltaic steam elevator so it can't be used to try to move the elevator down when it is on the bottom floor or up when the elevator is on the top floor.
- Changed first location in Tomahna so Catherine will not start talking to you if you are looking at the ceiling or the floor.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSMyst III: Exile (full version)
DOWNLOAD Myst III: Exile patch