When you run MonkeyUpdate.exe, the installer will search for the folder where you originally installed Escape From Monkey Island. If the update does not find Monkey4 on your system, you will need to reinstall the game from it’s original CD before running the update. This is for the English version only. Here are some of issues fixed in this patch:
- Corrects an issue with selecting your 3D pass-through card when the primary card has 3D capability.
- Corrects an issue with certain settings being saved in the saved game, including controller and alter gee whiz factor settings.
- Corrects minor sound issues in various areas of the game.
- The ability to complete a puzzle on Lucre Island which uses the music box. Wait, what music box?
- A crash which is caused by completing a puzzle on Melee Island multiple times.
- Teleporting kudu jerky pretzels.
- The puppets remaining on Guybrush's hands after you press O to exit the set after using the puppets.
- The inability to find the chef after following him into the kitchen.
- Corrects an issue with the light sorting incorrectly in the cave on Lucre Island when Guybrush walks into the light.
- Corrects the error message that congratulates you and tells you to get back to work, besides, you are there to play, not work...
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSEscape From Monkey Island (full version)
DOWNLOAD Escape From Monkey Island 1.1 update