This patch has benefits that improve the speed and performance of Paint Shop Pro 8. Some of the enhancements include:
- Fixed issues that caused the JPEG Optimizer to lock up in certain circumstances.
- Fixed issues that caused colour management to work incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that caused images to print at an incorrect size if they were created with a pixels/cm setting.
- Fixed issues that caused some EXIF data to be cut off and JPEG comments deleted when saving a JPEG file.
- Changed all strings in scripts to be written as Unicode strings (only the Text tool used Unicode in 8.00). This has affected the SimpleCaption script, and could affect any handwritten scripts that manipulate string values.
- Resolved issues that could cause the program to crash when using the Warp tool outside of an active selection.
- Fixed issues in the Optimizers that caused some settings to be ignored when saving files.
- Enhanced performance of the Effects Browser when previewing complex effects.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the program to lockup when using the Clear function in the Image Slicer.
- Improved performance of JPEG Artefact Removal adjustment on large images.
- Improved performance of proofing functions in effects and adjustments.
- Fixed an issue that caused the program to crash after resizing the Save As dialog when using the JPEG, GIF or PNG Optimizer.
- Added PCDLib32.dll to the Animation Shop folder. Without this file, the program would not launch if started directly from the program folder (worked fine when launched from Paint Shop Pro or the Start menu).
- Fixed an issue that caused the program to crash after double-clicking the Text tool on a floating selection.
- Fixed an issue that caused the brush outline of the Warp brush to not be drawn correctly when used outside of a selection.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSPaint Shop Pro 8
DOWNLOAD Paint Shop Pro 8.1 update