This patch has benefits that improve the speed and performance of Paint Shop Pro 9. Some of the enhancements include:
- With the Smear tool’s size minimized, smear strokes were leaving transparency in areas where they shouldn’t have.
- Use of the Palette Knife, under certain settings, was introducing artefacts along the edge of the paint.
- The Tiles effect was sometimes dropping lines between tiles, and displaying a noticeable difference between the preview and the resulting image.
- With the History palette set to Auto-hide mode, right-clicking an item displayed the context menu, but the palette itself disappeared.
- Due to an issue with the automation OLE server in Microsoft Access 2003, integration with Microsoft Access wasn’t always work correctly. Additionally, when inserting a Paint Shop Pro Studio object into a Microsoft Word document, Paint Shop Pro Studio was closing automatically if no other document was open.
- Recording a script that included a plug-in with an apostrophe in its name (such as ‘Somebody’s Filters’) didn’t enclose the plug-in name in double-quotes, causing an error upon execution.
- The scripting command ReturnFileLocations wasn’t returning the folder count or locations for the following three folder locations: Categories Database, Displacement Maps, and Mixer Pages.
- Vector objects with lines 2 pixels thick (and wider) were displaying with an extra pixel.
- The left and right preview windows for the Barrel, Fisheye, and Pincushion Distortion Correction dialogs did not match after the initial filter application.
- An erroneous, abbreviated error message sometimes appeared when using the Hue/Saturation/Lightness dialog on a Windows ME computer.
- The Reset to default button in the Digital Camera Noise Removal dialog was not functioning correctly after using the Randomize button.
- Changing the filename case of some resources (such as Picture Tubes) wasn't being reflected in the visual resource pickers.
- Changing a Gradient name via the Resource Manager dialog modified the gradient's thumbnail appearance in the drop-list.
- Paletted PNG files were not appearing in the Displacement Map dialog's list of available map images.
- The Batch Process feature was not properly saving PSP7 and earlier images with the correct .psp file extension extension.
- EXIF data for Raw images from the same camera was varying depending on the presence of the image thumbnail.
- When using the Image Browser, navigating folders with the arrow keys sometimes caused focus to jump to other folders.
- In Windows Explorer, right-clicking an image file and attempting to open it with Paint Shop Pro 9 was not working.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSPaint Shop Pro 9
DOWNLOAD Paint Shop Pro 9.01 update patch