This update improves functionality in Photoshop and fixes a number of bugs. Before applying the updater, reboot your PC and run the update. This patch includes the following fixes:
- Image clipping paths in EPS and TIFF files saved from Photoshop 6.0.1 have been modified so that other software, such as QuarkXPress, is able to read them.
- ImageReady is able to save and preview animations under constrained memory conditions.
- There is no slow-down of performance when files in the Open Recent list are unavailable.
- Batch file naming works correctly.
- Export Paths to Illustrator retains path scaling.
- Using certain tools (such as move, marquee, or lasso) after using the Open, Save, and Print commands no longer generates a Program Error dialog.
- Selecting a single color in Color Range now works correctly.
- Online help is accessible for more Web browser configurations.
- New Japanese character map (CMap) files are included to resolve conflicts with ImageStyler 1.0 and PageMaker 6.5.2 Plus.
- Memory usage is better on all Windows operating systems; the network should no longer become unavailable when Photoshop is running.
- Showing and hiding edges for a selection no longer requires pressing Ctrl+H twice.
- The painting tool brush picker has new usability improvements:
- Enter brings up and dismisses the preset picker at the current mouse location.
- Double-clicking a brush in the picker selects the brush and dismisses the picker.
- The current brush is always highlighted in the preset picker.
- The First Brush and Last Brush keyboard shortcuts work regardless of whether the current brush exactly matches a preset brush.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSWindows 98/Me/NT/2000
DOWNLOAD Photoshop 6.0.1 upgrade