This update improves functionality in Photoshop and fixes a number of bugs. Before applying the updater, reboot your PC and run the update. This patch includes the following fixes:
- Photoshop now saves alpha transparency data in Targa files in the same way it did in previous versions.
- File Browser performance has been enhanced.
- If the color settings color management policy is set to “Off,” Photoshop no longer asks to save changes unless other edits have been performed.
- The total ink now defaults to 300% as it did in previous versions of Photoshop.
- The color of white areas in CMYK files saved as JPEG files no longer shifts.
- TIFF files with LZW compression are now written correctly.
- Files made with Photoshop now work better with Microsoft™ Windows™ XP’s automatic thumbnail generation.
- Favorites now function correctly in the Open dialog box.
- Picture Package no longer locks up when it encounters incorrect file types while using custom page layouts.
- Metadata is better preserved in certain JPEG files.
- Photoshop no longer appears frozen when applying KPT3 filters.
- Photoshop now offers better compatibility with older Intel™ Pentium™ III hardware.
- Photoshop no longer produces a program error when resampling certain large 16-bit documents.
- An issue that prevented Photoshop 6.0 from opening certain files containing layer effects and edited in Photoshop 7.0 has been fixed.
- The Maximize Backwards Compatibility for Photoshop Files preference now correctly sets the state of the Maximize Compatibility checkbox in the Photoshop Format Options dialog box when you save a file as Photoshop (PSD) format.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSWindows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP
DOWNLOAD Photoshop 7.0.1 upgrade