Quake 4 update patch 1.4.2 corrects a range of bugs while adding new features greatly that improves the gameplay in both single and multiplayer modes. It also includes a stack of free bonus maps: Cavernous Cryonics, Central Industrial, Warforged, Stroyent Red, Retrophobopolis, Firewall, Stroggenomenon, Verticon, Outpatient, Skeleton Crew, Mind the Gap, Double Edged. Plus it includes the new Napalm Gun and the multiplayer Game Mode – DeadZone.
Important note: players who update to 1.4.2 will only be able to play multiplayer against other 1.4.2 users, and save games and demos created on previous versions of the game will not be compatible with the 1.4.2 update.The patch features the following fixes:
- Fixed a crash in single player (sound related).
- Fixed several SMP-related crashes.
- Fixed a crash in autodownload server.
- Copied map files can now be overwritten/deleted without quitting first.
- The console command "com_allowconsole" will stay set after leaving the game.
- Improved Game Browser sorting and filtering: You can sort by up to three criteria, which will be displayed just under the server list, with the more recently clicked criteria sorting first.
- The Game Browser now displays more than 1000 servers.
- Fixed a problem with the refresh time on the Game Browser.
- Added a Game Browser filter for full or empty servers.
- Players can now connect to a server while the Game Browser is refreshing.
- Game Browser sorting will display the correct server information without the need to refresh the list.
- Clicking anywhere on the scrollbar except the button itself will advance a page up or down instead of shifting to that position.
- Non-full server sorting now disregards full servers.
- Game Browser hover window updates when sort order is changed.
- Fixed a Game Browser slowdown issue with high numbers of servers.
- Added Game Browser server list scrolling with the mousewheel, keyboard arrows up/down, and keyboard Page Up/Page Down.
- The Game Browser hover window will only appear when mousing over a highlighted server.
- Sorting by server name will now ignore colored names and brackets.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSQuake 4 (full version) running on Windows
DOWNLOAD Quake 4 update patch 1.4.2