General fixes/changes in the Splinter Cell patch 1.2b:
- The 3D Sound button in the Sound config area is now properly activating/deactivating 3d hardware sound acceleration/positioning.
- In Shadow Projector mode, the shadow filter design was changed to LOW/MEDIUM = 2×2, HIGH = 3×2, VERY HIGH = 3×3 depending on the value of Effects Quality in the video settings menu.
- Holding or Pushing CTRL while going back to the main menu no longer bring you back to a cube map with a default texture.
- Laser micro success/failure computation fix.
- Benchmark mode (see instructions in readme file).
- No more guard/unguard, check/uncheck to speed up performance.
- No more Shadow Details in Shadow Buffer mode (that setting was useless on GF3/GF4Ti/FX cards).
- No more bugs submitted to EPIC.
- 800×600 is now supported by 32 MB video cards.
- GeForce 256, Radeon 7500 cards and Xabre 200/400/600 cards (with 3.11 drivers) are now officially supported.
- Night vision fix for several graphic cards.
- Video memory optimization.
- RenderingModeNormal.cpp: Fix Radeon 9700 rendering issue with double sided reflective transparent surfaces.
- ETexSFX.utx: Fix "static wall/floor fire" texture issue + water quality issue.
- UnShadowProjector.cpp: Fix visibility issue with dynamic actor being clipped by the visibility engine and still being rendered because of the static shadow texture cache.
- Massive performance improvement on shadow filtering by removing 5 passes from the filtering algorithm.
- ETexEGO.utx: Fix reflection issue on moving vehicles in Chinese 2 (Feirong limo and Unimog truck).
- 0_0_2_Training.scl: Fix projector not associated to light gameplay object and causing detection (lightmeter) in the first gun trial.
- EButterfly.uc: Butterfly is now a soft body actor to disable the static shadow texture cache when a butterfly is in a projector range.
- EFish.uc: Fish is now a soft body actor to disable the static shadow texture cache when a fish is in a projector range.
- EPCSoundConfigArea.uc: Fix a bug with the real time sound slider when one of the slider was set to 0 then playing until a map transition happened, then all sounds sliders were reset to zero.
- UnRenderVisibility.cpp: Software light beam rendering is now used by any card unable to render the shadow buffer algorithm to allow for the GF2MaxDistance parameter to take effect.
- Most maps: General design quality improvement with shadows.
- Kalinatek: Improved stability with low-end configurations.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTSTom Clancy's Splinter Cell (running on Windows)
DOWNLOAD Splinter Cell patch 1.2b