This latest patch for Warcraft 3 – Reign of Chaos features improved gameplay and fixes a number of bugs. It can be applied to any version of the game (patched or unpatched): These mainly involve bug fixes, map adjustments (WizardsRetreat, Gnollwood and WormWar and BlizzardTD), tweaks to hit points, item duration and build times, including:
- A new Neutral Hero, the Goblin Tinker, has been added to the game.
- Fixed an issue that caused Scroll of Town Portal to always place your units to the lower right side of your town hall instead of the location you clicked.
- Fixed an issue that caused a unit to permanently lose 75% of its attack speed if it was Polymorphed while under the effects of Unholy Frenzy.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Call to Arms command not to work if you clicked the button an EVEN number of times.
- Fixed an issue with Hero and unit ability orders in which, under certain conditions, ability orders would not be dispatched properly, causing “lag” or unresponsiveness.
- Map changes to Plunder Isle and Lost Temple.
- Balance changes.
- World editor improvements and fixes.
- Reduction in the likelihood of the following error occurring: ‘Please make sure your Warcraft III disc is in your CD-ROM drive’. This may still occur if you are using a ‘no CD’ patch, a CD emulator or a copy of the CD rather than the original.
- Fixes for ‘Fatal Error, c0000005 Memory could not be read’ errors (Blizzard also note that ‘If you are experiencing crashing while playing a custom made map please try playing a Blizzard designed map – this will help to determine if the issue is related to the custom map or a possible conflict.’
- Halls of the Dead and Black Citadel attack cool-down have been reduced from 2.0 to 1.5.
- The multiplayer custom map desync that occurs between Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne players has been fixed.
DOWNLOAD Warcraft 3 – Reign of Chaos patch 1.21a